A retelling of the many adventures Kirby has had over the years since 1992.
Updates Saturdays and sometimes Wednesdays.
It's still November here in California! It counts! I didn't fail my self-imposed deadline!
Real commentary will be made tomorrow.
Real commentary time!
So, this is obviously the single longest page I've made. (Technically, it's second to The Extreme Team's comic 100, but that was split up into three and also was clip-show-esque.) It's, like, around the 900 KB mark! That's a lot!
I guess I'll be pointing out things in order:
* From the beginning of this arc, I knew I wanted to have the Computer Virus fight here. Originally, it would have had the boss call up scenes from old pages, buuut at some point I decided to go with the dual scenes we have here! Give more flashiness to Keeby's stuff that we would've had otherwise.
* Did you know Dedede is actually in the Arena background ingame? It's true! I even edited him out in the page where he was standing on the arena grounds!
* Oh hey it's a splash panel except it's actually drawn! Holy wow! ...Thing is, I'm actually planning to have all the splash panels drawn in the remakes (I'll get to them!), so it might not be as impressive later, but eh. I like it.
* I had to come up with so many full names for the vs panels, for both old characters and newly made ones. I also had plenty of fun with their taglines, of course. Bugzzy's is the same running joke that he's had in most of his appearances.
* I'm not sure Jukid is ever going to appear again. I forget if he was in Revenge of Meta Knight.
* Dang, Chef Kawasaki's first name is Dango. (It's a Japanese sweet, I think?)
* That Chuckya sprite was actually edited from the original custom-made stuff. Mostly to better match the shading of KSS. See also how I gave black outlines to all the other summons.
* Capsule J is evidently a unique kind, given their name is that of their species. Contrast with Jon and Tirra earlier.
* As has been noticed, Yolanda's tagline references one of Nashew's old comics in the Dumping Ground. GGal had to mean something, right?
* Also Foppy is indeed not the brightest. I get the feeling that he forgot to fill out the part of the entry form where it asked for a tagline and Dedede made one up when announcing.
* Rolling Turtle's tagline references a made-up name for her that's been around - "Toss Tortoise". I don't know where it came from, though I think it's the same place where "Hi-Jump Dan" came from.
* The non-panel-border part is kinda cheesy, but I figured page 200 needed that kind of moment. And the duality kinda works? Right?
* Actually, the reason I gave Batamon Yo-yo is so that he would be the one to beat New Age Retro Hippie, but when I actually got to this part I decided to go with the angle shown.
* Keeby's actually kind of tough, huh. I'm not sure Fighter Kirby could do that with the block against Rolling Turtle.
* I planned at one point to continue keeping Barry's name secret, but ditched that idea. It'll probably come up in the remakes of the Dreamland 1 arc.
* Gourdi was alluded to in the alt text of the page where Dedede explained the rules! Funny thing is, I decided to put her in the bracket as a gag, then I remembered about Knuckle Joe claiming that Marx couldn't enter because no hands, and so the bit with Marx complaining came to be!
* Happy 200th comic indeed.
* Page 201 will probably be shorter.
AWESOME COMIC! YAYZ!
Wait, does that mean you'll update more often?
@Warpstar: It's hard to say, but I at least know almost exactly what will go on in each page of the rest of this arc.
Page 201 should be out pretty soon.
don't you think for a second that i didn't catch that "2008 exp" thing
Ha, I love the reference to the fact that this comic's first page was uploaded at 2008 (I was referring to the "2008 experience points" part, BTW).
@SuperScratchkat: That was actually a coincidence! I originally had it at 200 exp, then I decided that was too little for the gauntlet that Kirby and Batamon had to face, so I put in the 8 at the end. (Mostly because that was the release year of KSSU, which... might be particularly important. Once the comic reaches there.)
@Super Crash Kirby: Anything can happen in Chaos House.
I mean Cave.
I died at the GGal joke.
Congrats on 200 pages!! =D
@Luigi_96: Surely you didn't expect me to have a tournament-ish thing without some sort of old comic reference. :P
And thank you! :D
I think Jukid does appear again in Revenge of Meta Knight. I think you fight him alongside a Poppy Bro Sr.(or is it another Poppy Sr.?) at some point(I only remember that the area has a Bio Spark there).
@Super Bluey: Apparently you're correct. There is a fight against Jukid and a Poppy Bro Sr., sometime between re-boarding with Dyna Blade and the Combo Cannon fight.
I dunno, though, maybe I'll replace him with Whyyou when the comic gets there.
I didn't know some of the enemies but the one with headphones wich is from rythem heven.
@Tails234567: Correct! :D
Wait, is that a mega pipi from MM7?
That Marx "what" in panel 49(gasp) tho.